Swimming Pool Pump Repair Dubai
The pool pump is noisy, leaking, smoking or just plain not working. This could be urgent if the pump is at risk of stopping altogether. Without a pump to circulate the water, hot weather will turn it bad – quick.
If your pump is down, lower the pH to 7.2, and shock the pool. Brush and skim twice daily to try and keep it clean and circulated.
Pump Problem or Motor Problem?The electrical motor is the back half of the pump, connected to the front half of the pump (sometimes called the wet end) by a seal plate, which bolts or clamps the two pump halves together.
Motor problems could have symptoms of not starting, overheating, or a loud, screeching operation, which indicates that the shaft bearings have gone bad.
Pump Problems (wet end) includes all of the parts where the water moves through, such as the pump pot, pump basket, volute, impeller and diffuser; sealed up with several gaskets and o-rings, and a mechanical seal on the motor shaft.
Wet end problems include leaking – air or water, broken baskets, worn seals or o-rings, clogged impellers or diffusers, cracked volutes.
Once you determine the items that are causing the issue (call us if you need help), you can price out the pump parts needed, and determine if it makes sense to repair the pump, or replace the entire pump and motor.
REPAIR your Pump When:
1. The cost of pump or motor repairs is less than the cost of a replacement pump. Determine the parts you need by pulling up your pump schematic in our Pool Parts section. Let us know if you need any assistance in identifying the correct pump parts.
2. Your motor (or pump) is less than 5 years old. Motors can last up to 10 years, so if you have lots of life left in the motor, repairing the pump may be wise.
3. You want to avoid any plumbing work involved in connecting the new pump.
4. You enjoy tinkering with your pool equipment, and solving simple mechanical or electrical problems.
REPLACE your Pump When:
1. You Live in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada or Texas. If you have a standard motor over 1hp, and are located in one of these energy conserving states, the law requires most pools to install an energy efficient pool pump. Check the website of your state or local government for requirements, but it usually calls for either a dual speed or variable speed pool pump (or motor) be installed.
2. Your pump is undersized or oversized for the application. If the filter pressure is running 20-30 psi, your pool pump may be too large. Switching pumps to a lower flow model, or changing the pump or motor/impeller to a lower horsepower, can reduce pressure, improve flow, and reduce energy consumption.
Undersized pumps, although less common, could be having trouble keeping the pool clear, or may require nearly 24 hour operation to do so.
3. Your motor is older than 5 years, or has suffered fatal damage -and- there are other expensive parts that also need replacing.
4. You don’t enjoy tinkering with equipment, and would prefer to have a reliable new pump, with a new factory warranty.
Remember, this is an urgent decision! Pool pumps need to operate every day during the summer. If you need some fast help diagnosing a pump problem, ordering pump parts or a replacement swimming pool pump dubai, give our team a call at +971 4 2522966 – we’re here to help 24 hours a day!